- How to Add or Change a K-Rain Sprinkler Head
- Why Your Sprinkler System Needs to be Winterized
- Manuel Gutierrez joins K-Rain® Manufacturing as Regional Sales Manager
- WaterSense certified Pro-S Sprays™ with pressure regulation meet new state mandates
- K-Rain Manufacturing releases SiteMaster™ 2-Wire Decoder Controller
Why Your In-Ground Sprinkler System Needs a WaterSense Label
Saving money on your water bills is within reach with a WaterSense label on your irrigation system. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) started the WaterSense label, in conjunction with stakeholders, to reduce the amount of water used within a household each year.
Outdoor water use contributes to 30% of the total water that a family consumes per year. In drier areas of the U.S., homeowners can use up to 60% of their total water consumption on outdoor water use.
The EPA partners with companies that manufacturer water-using appliances. When you see the WaterSense label on a product, you know that it’ll reduce your water usage by at least 20%.
All companies that participate in the WaterSense program have the EPA’s logo on their products as well as other marketing materials.
The WaterSense label
- Provides people the ability to save water on water-producing products, such as irrigation controllers, sprinklers, and nozzles.
- Encourages irrigation companies, as well as other water product companies, to design and manufacture WaterSense irrigation controllers and other water-saving products.
- Guarantees that a homeowner will use less water and help fight for water conservation.
- Saves homeowners money when they use WaterSense certified products, including WaterSense irrigation controllers.
- Proves that companies went through a certification process to produce products that reduce water usage by 20% or more.
- Demonstrates that irrigation products with the WaterSense label provide the same high-quality performance and efficiency as their competitors.
How WaterSense Benefits You, the Homeowner
While it may feel good to participate in programs that encourage water conservation, the real motivator for buying WaterSense products begins with the money-saving perks. All of us love to save money when we can.
Here are 10 WaterSense, money-saving facts, figures, and benefits:
- Humans can only use 1% of the water available on earth. It’s a finite resource.
- In the U.S., everyone uses approximately 88 gallons of water every day.
- In 40 states, water managers believe that their area will experience water shortages in the coming years.
- Americans’ outdoor water use accounts for nearly 9 billion gallons of water used for lawn and landscape irrigation.
- When you change your in-ground irrigation system’s clock timer with a WaterSense timer, you can save between 7,600 and 8,800 gallons of water annually.
- You can save up to $380 per year when you retrofit your lawn sprinkler to a WaterSense labeled irrigation system.
- Did you know that if you would water your lawn for 20 minutes per day for four days in a row that it’s equivalent to taking 800 showers?
- Did you know that 50% or more of outdoor water use gets wasted because of wind, sun, and run-off due to an inefficient in-ground sprinkler system? If you’re paying for water, you’re throwing money away.
- Only hire an irrigation contractor who has a WaterSense label certification. You save money on your water bills when your sprinkler system gets installed by a certified contractor.
- Finally, if you regularly maintain your in-ground sprinkler system with annual winter blow out, and spring hook-up, you’ll reduce your water usage by 7,600 gallons of water per year (or by 15% of your household’s annual water consumption).
How K-Rain Irrigation Products Save You Money and Conserve Water
You can spruce up your K-Rain Inground Irrigation System using the following four steps:
- Check your sprinkler heads every month to make sure there are no leaks.
- Purchase a WaterSense-labeled irrigation controller from K-Rain to water smarter.
- Connect hose and pipe connections well to prevent leaks.
- Make sure all sprinkler heads are facing your lawn and not the driveway or sidewalks.
If you’re ready to install a K-Rain sprinkler system that’s WaterSense labeled, you can find our products at your local Lowes or Home Depot. You can also buy our irrigation products online. You can find a certified contractor on our website to install your K-Rain inground sprinkler system as well.
If you have any questions about our products, call customer service at 800-735-7246 or email us at CUSTOMERSERVICE@KRAIN.COM.
EPA.gov, “About WaterSense.”