- 14 Resolutions for Your Lawn & Landscape in 2023
- How Women-Owned Landscaping Companies Are Changing the Landscape Industry
- Homeowner's Guide to Exterior Maintenance
- K-Rain Manufacturing announces new PRO-LC WiFi-Ready Irrigation Controller
- K-Rain makes the list of Fortune Best Workplaces
14 Resolutions for Your Lawn & Landscape in 2023
Why is it important to make New Year’s resolutions for your lawn and landscape in 2023? If you love working on your residential property, making resolutions only points you in the right direction.
6 Resolutions for a Healthy, Sustainable Lawn in 2023
Don’t feel like you have to have the perfect lawn because an ideal lawn is a myth. Instead, aim for a healthy and sustainable lawn for the 2023 growing season. Here are five environmentally-friendly lawn care resolutions for the New Year:
- Resolution 1 – Cut your lawn at the right height with sharp mower blades:
- Resolution 2 – Plant the right turfgrass at the right place on your lawn:
- Resolution 3 – Use the most sustainable fertilizer;
- Resolution 4 – Aerate and overseed your lawn based on your region:
- Resolution 5 – Dethatch your lawn if you have over a half inch of thatch:
- Resolution 6 – Only water your lawn deeply once or twice a week, depending on how much it rains:
Did you know that your lawn only needs 1” to 2” of rain per week? Resolve to stop wasting water and invest in a lawn sprinkler system that you control with Bluetooth technology.
8 Resolutions for a Sustainable Landscape
If you invest in plants, including annuals, perennials, trees, and shrubs, you want to ensure that they stay healthy. Plants cost money, and having a gorgeous landscape is a significant investment.
Commit now to taking care of your landscapes with sustainability in mind—not only for the environment but for the longevity of your landscape plants. Here are eight New Year’s resolutions to put into action for a beautiful landscape:
- Resolution 1 – Employ eco-friendly gardening practices, including xeriscaping:
Start with planting the right plants for your local climate. Visit the USDA’s (United States Department of Agriculture) website to learn which planting zone you live in.
- Resolution 2 – Practice firescaping if you live in a dry climate that’s prone to wildfires:
- Resolution 3 – Simplify your landscaping, so you have more time to enjoy it:
Consider replacing landscaped areas with water features like a pond or a patio. Use raised beds, patio containers, and vertical growing to enhance your simplified landscape.
- Resolution 4 – Include edible plants in your landscaping:
- Resolution 5 – Use more native plants to support healthy biodiversity in your yard:
- Resolution 6 – Put down mulch to help with soil temperature regulation, natural weed control, and moisture retention:
- Resolution 7 – Prune and trim plants and shrubs:
Invest in good pruning shears, loppers, and hand pruners to keep your shrubs and trees looking their best. You can learn more about pruning through your local extension service or by looking it up online.
Make sure your tools are sharpened and free from pathogens. Learn how to cut limbs appropriately and thin a tree canopy without tree topping.
- Resolution 8 - Invest in dripline irrigation and tree bubblers:
Summers are getting hotter and more states are experiencing drought. Dripline irrigation and tree bubblers deliver water at the root level where it’s needed most. You also save money on water when you install an irrigation system.
One Final New Year’s Resolution: Install a K-Rain Sprinkler System in Your Lawn & Landscape
K-Rain’s Sprinkler System Solutions provides lawn and landscape sprinkler systems to homeowners.
If you’re a DIYer, you can find manuals for K-Rain sprinkler systems on our website. If you prefer a professional to design and install your new K-Rain sprinkler system, our website helps you find a landscape contractor near you.
You can buy your K-Rain dripline, bubbler, and lawn sprinkler parts at our online store or at your local Home Depot and Lowe’s. If you have questions about your K-Rain irrigation system parts, call our customer service at 800-735-7246 or fill out our contact form.
Forbes.com, 8 Simple and Easy Landscaping Ideas.
Ibid, 10 Landscaping Trends to Try This Year.