- 14 Resolutions for Your Lawn & Landscape in 2023
- How Women-Owned Landscaping Companies Are Changing the Landscape Industry
- Homeowner's Guide to Exterior Maintenance
- K-Rain Manufacturing announces new PRO-LC WiFi-Ready Irrigation Controller
- K-Rain makes the list of Fortune Best Workplaces
11 Ways to Market to Millennial Homeowners & Property Managers
Want to stretch your marketing power to include the newest homeowners and property managers? Then, you need to know how to market to millennials.
Millennials, according to the Pew Research Center, were born from 1981 through 1996, making them 23 to 38 years old. And millennials—or at least some of them—are now buying homes or managing properties.
Indeed, millennials respond to marketing and advertising differently than previous generations. So, you need to adjust how you market to them. When you sell to millennials, you need to use social media, be mobile-friendly, appeal to their frugality, and above all else, be authentic.
Millennials are Social Media Driven
Millennials are late starters due to high student debt and high rent. According to an article in Forbes, only 32% of millennials own homes and the homebuyers tend to be older millennials—who are now married with children.
So, how do you market to millennials? First, your website needs to be mobile-friendly, and you need to leverage social media, particularly Snapchat and Instagram, to draw millennials to your irrigation contracting company.
Here 11 ways to engage millennials using social media:1. Get millennials’ attention and keep it: Millennials’ attention span is short, and they have a lot of brands vying for their attention. Plus, millennials aren’t moved by traditional advertising and marketing. You need to appeal quickly to their need for authenticity and frugality.
2. Make your marketing Instagram and Snapchat worthy: Again, millennials respond to quick-moving marketing. So, if you have your brand on Instagram or Snapchat, you’re moving in the right direction.
3. Optimize your content to be social: Don’t be afraid to use pictures and videos on your social media accounts. Also, announce specials and coupons on your social channels to foster brand loyalty.
4. Focus on their values: Millennials care deeply about their carbon footprint as well as your company’s purpose beyond a sale. Millennials also value the experience—the places they travel to and the people they meet. Your brand should include how your company makes a difference in the world.
5. Encourage millennials to post, tweet, share, and talk about you: Excite millennials who follow you with bite-size information that they can share with their followers.
For example, you can post how homeowners use 320 gallons of water with 30% for outdoors use. You can find other statistics on water conservation at EPA.gov or your state’s department of environmental protection website.
6. Sell the big picture: When you advertise and market your sprinkler system services and products, you need to focus on the big picture. You need to answer these two questions:
- Why should a millennial homeowner or property manager buy my products and services?
- How do my products and services save millennial homeowners money as well as conserve water for the future?
7. Provide social proof: Millennials use reviews to influence their purchase decisions. If you’re on Google My Business or Yelp, post those reviews on your website so your millennial customers can make informed choices.
8. Provide a lot of information: In conjunction with social proof, show your contracting expertise by providing a library of informative articles. Topics can include:
- Why plant in hydrozones
- How native plants save you money and the planet’s water supply
- How organic landscaping and lawn care help plants survive a drought
- Smart firescaping.
9. Be diverse and authentic: Don’t assume everyone living in your region knows the climate and the landscaping needs of the area. Instead, create social media posts for those new to the area as well as for seasoned residents.
Millennials care about healthy living and the environment. Make sure to include posts such as organic lawn care, mulching, drought-tolerant plants, and natural landscaping. Plus, technology, moisture and weather sensors, as well as timers, would appeal to this age group too.
10. Know what millennials worry about: Millennials worry about FOMO—the fear of missing out. You can leverage your marketing using this fear—by sharing that other millennials are opting for automatic sprinkler systems to save money and to conserve water.
Millennials are also frugal. Many of the older ones, who are in their 30s, graduated from college during a recession. Plus, high college debt forces them to budget and limit their spending.
11. Know what millennials crave: Millennials crave low maintenance homes because they like to be on the move. Millennial homeowners want to control their lawn sprinklers from their cell phones—whether they’re at work 20 minutes away or on a cruise across the globe.
How K-Rain Irrigation Solutions Help You Appeal to Millennial Homeowners and Property Managers
K-Rain Irrigation Solutions help you target this younger generation with smart sprinkler products that conserve water, so millennial homeowners and property managers save money on water bills.
If you join our Premier Contractor Program, you get complimentary online marketing resources to reach this generation. Remember, you get cash rebates every time you buy your K-Rain products from an authorized distributor.
What’s holding you back? Enroll in our Premier Contractor Program today and start saving. If you have any questions about our products, call our customer service at 800-735-7246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.